Call: (509) 574-3805 Fax: (509) 225-2717
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lifestyle Choices Clinic
Logically, most people understand that anything in excess is not likely to be healthy. However, sometimes it's difficult to apply that logic to our lifestyles. Too much alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, or even too much activity can have negative effects on our bodies. On the other hand, a lack of exercise, not getting outdoors in the sunlight, or eating unhealthy foods can also wreak havoc on our lives.
The Lifestyle Choices Clinic at Water's Edge was developed to help those with chronic pain related to their lifestyle find resources to help manage that pain.
Some lifestyle choices that can help you better manage your chronic pain are listed below.
- Eating a healthy and nutritious diet improves the chemical balance in the body and allows for better reception of pain management therapies.
- Drinking plenty of water and keeping the body hydrated helps reduce stress to muscles, tissue, and other parts of the body.
- Exercise increases endorphins which can mask the perception of pain and create an overall feeling of wellness.
- Getting outdoors in the fresh air and sunlight can increase the body's production of vitamin D, which has been found to be lacking in some pain patients.
- Avoiding excessive alcohol, nicotine and caffeine can help improve sleeping habits and reduce stress on the body.
- Faith, prayer, and meditation have been found to help people better handle the physiological aspects of pain.
The Lifestyle Choices Clinic can help you find ways to incorporate good life style choices into your daily life. For more information, call (509) 574-3805